« 1 (2)
FairgroundFish FairgroundFish
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Wiltshire
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 31/10/2007 21:44
Re: woohoo!! #11
I have two Applesnails, one purple and one yellow - Snailie and Primrose.

Hubby has just piped up: 'That 'hair guy' is going to be busy!'

LOL

longhairedgit longhairedgit
  • Disease Adviser
  • Disease Adviser
  • From Gloucestershire
  • Group: Takin' a break...
  • Posted on: 1/11/2007 14:25
Re: woohoo!! #12
My first two pets were a baby bitis gabonica and a baby crocodylus niloticus. I was five. Thats a hell of a way to start. We were living in ghana with excusions to acra at the time, my dad worked there, and them my mom got bitten on the back of the knee by a green mamba, she nearly died and became reptile phobic, so I had to release them. Then we came back to the uk,I was seven and I rescued a female slow worm who was heavily pregnant out of season and caught in a frost. I released her and her babies the following spring, having somehow managed to work out what they need to live from a load of my animal books. Never looked back really.

Ended up with a personal collection of around 50, chameleons iguanids, monitors,agamids, numerous geckos, and the odd snake , tortoises and toads, frogs, and rescued hundreds more. I decided to focus on fishkeeping more about 13 years ago and phased them out,never replaced those that died of old age, and rehomed the tortoises to someone who had a spectacular paddock for them, the iguana died a few years ago in his early twenties, and now I just have the turtles left, but I can keep just about any reptile. I still have 3 huge sliding front all glass vivaria in the garage if I need them, though I did take the iguanas 12x6x8 cage apart and dump it. Even looked after spectacled caiman for a bit. I used to be just as crazy with reptiles as I am now with fish.
Resized Image
longhairedgit longhairedgit
  • Disease Adviser
  • Disease Adviser
  • From Gloucestershire
  • Group: Takin' a break...
  • Posted on: 1/11/2007 14:41
Re: woohoo!! #13
lol , just to be extremely boring, hes a few old newspaper clippings of me doing the do.Media star dontcha know.lol did about 2 hours worth of stuff for central news over a couple of years, did a solid 3 hour stint on bbc knowledge channel when it first opened, and was on a bbc 4 series "the vale" about animal rescue for about 8 episodes and got to hang around with tony robinson, who was actually a very cool guy. Being that I turned up one morning at the rescue with an awesome hangover, having no clue as to what was going on and trying not to look in the light, to find a coffee being thrust into my face by a grinning tony robinson.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a24 ... ghairedgit/dommonitor.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a24 ... airedgit/dombullsnake.jpg

God I was skinny back then, perhaps I should take up all the booze and the libertine lifestyle again.lol Maybe fishkeeping makes you fat?
Resized Image
RedEyeTetra RedEyeTetra
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Buckinghamshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 1/11/2007 17:16
Re: woohoo!! #14
Fishkeeping makes you fat. Great, a new one to use

All you lads and lasses must lives in enormous gaffs....

Now where can I put that next tank????
lr85ninety lr85ninety
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Lincolnshire
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 2/11/2007 21:38
Re: woohoo!! #15
just thought id add my bit i have 2 sulcata tortoise and they really shouldnt be sold in the uk so anyone interested in buying a tortoise do not get a sulcata unless you really know what your letting yourself in for!
nat_uk nat_uk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Cumbria
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 10/5/2008 16:07
Re: woohoo!! #16
i have a four year old hermans tortoise tony who i have had since he ws a hatchling. Love him 2 bits
Im my loving fishies!

jack russel pup jack 8 months old
4 year old hermanns tort tony
my lovely fishies 2 dwarf gouramis, 7 neon tetras

i need to stop buying animals