(1) 2 »
CountViffer CountViffer
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From East Sussex
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 1/2/2008 19:12
Blue Ram search. #1
Does anyone on Sussex/South London know of a LFS with a stock of Blue Rams?

It shouldn't be a difficult thing I know but I don't seem to be able to find any at the moment, the closer to Brighton the better though.
2-wheels good, 4 wheels bad!

If you like your Spanish holidays to be Spanish rather than 'little England in the sun'..look HERE
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Moderators Registered Users Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 1/2/2008 19:21
Re: Blue Ram search. #2
Ask leegaff he is in E Sussex and about to start breeding rams I think

http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/modules/ ... id=137769#forumpost137769

Also be sure you've read up on all TetraLinz's trials & tribulations!
[url=http://www.bigfishcam
CountViffer CountViffer
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From East Sussex
  • Posted on: 1/2/2008 19:54
Re: Blue Ram search. #3
Thanks for that Cathie, I'll PM him tonight.

I'm aware of the issues with Singapore stock, LHG warned me about being careful where I get them from, thankfully TetraLinz seems to be over the worst of it now, but I have no intention og going through the grief she did if possible.

If you like your Spanish holidays to be Spanish rather than 'little England in the sun'..look HERE
TetraLinz TetraLinz
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Tyne & Wear
  • Posted on: 1/2/2008 20:08
Re: Blue Ram search. #4
Cathie gave you a fair warning CV.

I'm not trying to put you off, but LHG warned me about Singapore stock as well. I asked the lfs specifically where he got his Rams from and he said "The same breeder I get my other stock from". He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about.

I think I'm over the worst, but I'm lucky that Ramses is still alive! And I'll never be complacent with testing the water again!

Will the Blue Rams be going into the same tank as the Flags? If so, how big is the tank? Do you have somewhere you could relocate the Rams to if the Flags go on the attack?

I didn't intend to have this much grief either, strangely enough but I've lost count of the times I've gone to bed wondering if Ramses would still be alive the next morning. They're beautiful fish and Ramses has a great personality to match, but they're not the fish to impulse-buy.
T.L
Resized Image
CountViffer CountViffer
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From East Sussex
  • Posted on: 1/2/2008 20:45
Re: Blue Ram search. #5
The tank stocking is all pre-planned with regard to species and is pretty much LHG's recommendations for the size and scheme of the tank.

It's fairly heavily planted, and will also have 2pr. Keyhole Cichlids and Angels along with some Dwarf Neon Rainbows.

I do have a quarantine tank if necessary, but am relying on there being enough planting to keep the Cichlids within their little territorial boxes.

See the thread here

I have also PM'd LeeGaff hoping he can suggest a good quality source of the Rams.

Jenkz Jenkz
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Angus
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 2/2/2008 9:55
Re: Blue Ram search. #6
Mine were from wholesale aquatics in London, not sure where he sourced them though.
-Tim
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Moderators Registered Users Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 2/2/2008 12:22
Re: Blue Ram search. #7
You mean Wholesale Tropicals in Bethnal Green? Some of my multies came from there. (But in person, not by post, as is not too far from home).
Jenkz Jenkz
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Angus
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 2/2/2008 21:12
Re: Blue Ram search. #8
Yep, Wholesale Tropicals sorry :)

Terry the guy there was excellent, he chased up the courier and made sure everything got up here ok.
-Tim
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Posted on: 2/2/2008 22:00
Re: Blue Ram search. #9
Terry is grandad. It's a real family business.
CountViffer CountViffer
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From East Sussex
  • Posted on: 3/2/2008 21:18
Re: Blue Ram search. #10
RIGHT!!!!

Hopefully it's problem solved, my favoured LFS got some on this week from one of their regular breeders, but...

...they appear more highly coloured than the others I've seen, a couple of other local LFS had some, but I wasn't prepared to use them on the grounds that A, they couldn't tell me their origin and B, their tanks aren't clean and well maintained enough for me.

So, I've got a pair in quarantine at the moment and just want to confirm they are what I think the are...a pair of colourful Blue Rams, they're definitely a pair, they were 'guarding' a pile of food and operating as a pair

Sorry about the slightly hazy pic, joys of plastic tanks

Resized Image