Deano73 Deano73
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 28/11/2007 9:18
Zebra Danio - Accidental breading program #1
Hi all, I'm new to this fish keeping lark, been keeping an eye on the forums and popping by to check out the caresheets for the last few months. I only got around to registering today as I have a question. I have a grand total of five Zebra Danios at the moment, a few weeks back I bought them a new home but when I transfered them over from their old tank I found the randy little buggers had laid loads of eggs. So I've kept the old tank running with no fish in it but what I want to know is how long I should wait to see if the eggs are going to do anything? Its been around two weeks already without much going on (although some of the egg clusters now have larger white blobs in them). Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for all the help so far (from the fantastic caresheets etc.)
Deano73 Deano73
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 28/11/2007 9:25
Re: Zebra Danio - Accidental breading program #2
ha, my first post and I'm already talking to myself. No worries, found an article that says two days so I guess my fish are firing blanks!
Fishy-Fishy Fishy-Fishy
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Moderators Advisers FK Supporter Deep End
  • Posted on: 28/11/2007 10:05
Re: Zebra Danio - Accidental breading program #3
Hi Deano, welcome to FK

As you've discovered, it is likely that your fish were firing blanks as you put it this is quite common with some fish if it is their first time spawning. Also if you didn't have enough males then not many of the eggs would have been fertilised.