« 1 (2)
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 8/6/2004 22:27
Re: Black Moor #11
Good luck with the new tank Can I just ask you ray, did you cycle your tank before you put your fish in by any chance "fishless cycle" or did you cycle it with the blackmoor and white clouds in it, because if you cycled it with the fish in then that would most likely be the reason why he came out with the slime coating, just a thought You could try using Interpet no 7 - Anti slime & velvet treatment and see if that gets rid of the slime coating but if it hasn't got any worse and isn't affecting the fish in anyway then I would just leave it and see how it goes on.
icthytitch icthytitch
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cleveland
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 9/6/2004 23:58
Re: Black Moor #12
hi goldy, get new tank tomorrow, about 108 gallon UK, won't be doing any setting up till next week.
i will have to try the interpet treatment you suggested.
as re the black moor, he was in the pond, weather turned very cold, so had to buy a tank & bring him in, so it was an enforced move due to weather.i was ignorant at the time, i had assumed that he being a goldfish , although a fancy one, could overwinter ok. i know better now, i research the fish i buy before hand. he was put into the tank no cycling done due to it being enforced by the weather, but the tank was filled with water from the pond to quickstart it. the slime was present when he was in the pond so its not just an aquarium thing.the white clouds were put in several weeks later.
i will post result of the interpet treatment.
the new tank will be cycled before fish are put in
ray.
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 10/6/2004 16:14
Re: Black Moor #13
I wish you had told me that in the beginning Ray Well now we know what went wrong and the reason the poor little fish came out with a slime coating "possibly for protection" as fancies are not suited at all to ponds even when the weather is warm, good luck with the new tank the black moor should be a lot happier in that
Pixie Pixie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 10/6/2004 22:42
Re: Black Moor #14
He must be a very strong fellow!..