My tank has spiked MAJORLY! I have a 120 litre tank, running a fluval filter, and have the tank heated to 22 degrees. In the tank I have 2 fantails that are about 4inches long another fantail about 2 inches long and a black moor at about 2 inches long... last night one of the bigger fantails started 'flashing' and has his fins clamped, and my smaller fantail has his fins clamped too, both of them are calico fantails, yet my other fantail and black moor are going about their usual business and seem uneffected. I was concerned about parasites but decided on a water test before jumping to conclusions... The results came back as follows: ph - 7.6, ammonia - 4.0, nitrite - 5.0, nitrate - 10ppm
HELP! Im really scared for my fish.. Ive just done a 25% water change, and added a few plants. I use quick start and stress coat to the tap water and allow it to warm to room temp before adding it to the tank. The small fantail and the black moor were added two weeks ago could this have caused the spike? If not what has? And what can I do to get it back to normal quickly? Im scared for my little fishy friends my two calico's look so sad.
Thats what I though I will transfer him to my other tank, which has a heater so I can slowly increase the temperature for him. Is there any fish that would be suitable to go in the tank with him I don't like the thought of him being lonely I'm a soft touch, and I couldn't bare to take him back he's an entertaining like thing when he's not busy sulking my Goldfish x
Thats really helpful thank you, I have him in a coldwater tank with two Fantails.. The Lady in the shop said he's been kept in coldwater tanks there but that they were versatile when in comes to temp of the water and that he'll be fine with the fantails... Which was the case till about a couple of days ago when I noticed him sucking one of my fish. Not that I can blame him as the Fantails keep swimming over and settling next to him and letting him do it.. What do I do? I'm no expert but I pretty sure common sense says thats not right.. x
Hi, Does anyone know what sort of Algae Eater this could be? The picture is not very clear as I took It with my phone, I bought him 3 weeks ago and he was just over an inch long and now he is just over 2inches.. He was labelled an Indian Algae Eater but having looked through the net I feel he looks like a Chinese Algae Eater.. Could someone please advise me :) Thank you x