|Re: Hello folks|
Subject: Re: Hello folks
by Squish on 29/1/2010 12:53:41
You're definitely not alone GT, most of us have been there at some point. The main thing is you're addressing it now.
You need to get your ammonia to 0 as this is toxic to the fish. I would do a large water change with temperature matched, dechlorinated water and then test again. Also test your tap water, just in case. What type of filter do you have? Sorry if you've already answered that. It sounds like you need to cycle your filter. There's lots of information on the nitrogen cycle around.
It would be great if you could get that pond built and keep your single tails in it. I had to rehome my shub last year as after a shaky start to life in a tiny tank he just grew and grew when I got a 4 foot tank. I miss him but it was the best thing for him.